Petersburgers talked about the most exotic dishes
When I was with my exhibition in London, Indian restaurant, I was served something similar at our crunchies that I was a problem for him to work with a big appetite. It turned out that these were Indian fried cockroaches. At the time I lost my appetite.:
– Well, for example, crocodile soup, which we ate in Thailand on a crocodile farm. Soup as a soup similar to chicken, but it is very healing: after eating it, one of our comrade immediately recovered from a lingering bronchitis.
– In 99-m to year in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the estate our guests were served a dish from the menu Repin lunch 11 Aug. 1911 – turnips stewed in wine, and salad of dried herbs that recipes Repin wife, vegetarian Norman-Severova.
– During the siege at the flea market mom bought grandma’s gold earrings on a can of corned beef, brought it home, and the Bank was full of rags and steel nails.
Valentine BRITTO, Intern from Rome, the Italian Institute of culture in St. Petersburg:
– Russian pelmeni.
– A year ago in one of the Buddhist monastery, I was treated to solarskin tea – green tea with Yak butter. His energy is such that the cups of this tea solarski people measures the distance: three cups of tea is 8 km away… In July at the opening of our exhibition “Turkestan and Tibet: Salars” guests will be offered tea.
Nicholas SUVORIN, the captain of the fishing vessel:
In Reykjavik I tried the Icelandic delicacy – roasted tea. I did not like. But liked the steak of a young pony.
– Recently in the library Mayakovsky at the opening of the exhibition lithographic stones, and were treated to cookies in the form of business cards with legible inscriptions. I ate two cards of count Apraksin and three cards of Prince Golitsyn.
– In its 52nd year, the government in China ordered to destroy sparrows, because they were considered to eat the crops. My father, being a military Advisor in China, took me, then the girl on reception in the Beijing Embassy, and there I saw on the table in a large bowl, a pyramid of legs fried sparrows. The taste of this dish I don’t remember sticking out but legs still in front of me.